www.aarp.org (formerly known as the American Association of Retired Persons) is a nonprofit membership organization dedicated to addressing the needs and interests of persons 50 years and older. Through information and education, advocacy and service, they seek to enhance the quality of life for all by promoting independence, dignity, and purpose.
www.alzinfo.org Alzinfo.org is a tool of the Fisher Center for Alzheimer's Research Foundation to educate people about Alzheimer's disease. The mission of the website is to educate, engage, and create an online community with 24 hours a day, 7 days a week access to information and support via online chats, message boards and the most comprehensive resource databases available.
American Cancer Society
www.cancer.org The American Cancer Society is the nationwide community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy, and service.
Their website contains valuable resources including prevention and risk factors, treatment methods, detection guidelines, and patient services that help cancer patients and their families.
www.caregiver.com The website of Today's Caregiver Magazine. This site has general information on care giving and caregivers.
Caregiver's Home Companion
www.caregivershome.com Caregiver's Home Companion is a website entirely dedicated to helping family caregivers to the elderly. Visit our website for the latest news, tips, advice, and access to a resource directory with over 40,000 national, regional and care giving resources.
www.ec-online.net This website provides information, education, and support to families caring for aging loved ones, especially those coping with Alzheimer's disease and related dementias. Also, it provides knowledge, tools, and community to help caregivers improve the quality of life for both themselves and their aging loved ones.
Ethnic Elder Care
www.ethnicelderscare.net Ethnic Elder Care presents a comprehensive presentation of information about Alzheimer's disease and related dementias among ethnic minority elders in the United Sates. This site contains articles, news, links, and a monthly newsletter.
Family Caregiver Alliance
www.caregiver.org The non-profit Family Caregiver Alliance maintains this site which provides a wealth of practical information for caregivers and those interested in learning more about long term care.
Geriatric Care Managers Resource Guide and Directory
www.caremanager.org The National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers (GCM) has developed a Geriatric Care Managers Resource Guide and Directory to assist consumers in finding qualified geriatric are managers. The list included in the directory is not an exhaustive listing of all the geriatric care managers throughout the country, but rather a listing of care managers who belong to GCM.
Greater New Jersey Chapter Alzheimer's Association
www.alznj.org The Alzheimer's Association is the largest national voluntary health organization dedicated to funding research into the causes, treatments, preventions, and cure of Alzheimer's disease, their families, and caregivers. Caregiver Hotline: 800-883-1180.
National Alliance for Caregiving
www.caregiving.org An association of care giving professional organizations that provides information, support, and national advocacy on behalf of caregivers.
National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers
www.gcmonline.org The mid-Atlantic chapter of the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers.
National Family Caregivers Association
www.nfcacares.org The National Family Caregivers Association offers services in the areas of information and education, support and validation, and public awareness and advocacy, toward the goal of minimizing the disparity between a caregiver's quality of life and that of mainstream.
Delaware Delaware County Developmental Disabilities
Free Databases to Review prior to Criminal Records Check
(1) SAM: The United States general services administration's system for award management, which is available at https://www.sam.gov/;
2) OIG: The office of inspector general of the United States department of health and human services' list of excluded individuals, which is available at http://exclusions.oig.hhs.gov/;
3) Abuser registry: The department of developmental disabilities' registry of employees who cited for abuse, neglect, or misappropriation, which is available at https://its.prodapps.dodd.ohio.gov/ABR_Default.aspx;
(4) Sex offender search: The Ohio attorney general's sex offender and child-victim offender database, which is available at http://www.icrimewatch.net/index.php?AgencyID=55149&disc;
(5) Offender search: The department of rehabilitation and correction's database of inmates, which is available at http://www.drc.ohio.gov/OffenderSearch/Search.aspx; and
(6) Nurse aide registry: The department of health's state nurse aide registry, which is available at https://odhgateway.odh.ohio.gov/nar/nar_registry_search.aspx.